Vanilla HD for Minecraft version 1.2.5 comes with 16x, 128x, 256x. From a distance later everything will look the same as the default, but later when you are approaching and is near the new look you will see the difference. Because there is a feature that has been added to the pixels. The pixels are improved to fit the HD style, note that they have more detail than standard textures and quite the grainyness in it.
How to install Vanilla HD Texture Pack Download – for Minecraft 1.2.5
1. Download Vanilla HD Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.2.5
2. Download and patch using MCPatcher HD
3. Run /%appdata%/.minecraft/texturepacks
4. Copy and paste texture pack (.zip file) there
5. Open Minecraft and change in-game
6. Have fun!